COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID please stay at home and take a RAT test if this is positive you must isolate and advise the Department of Health on : 1800 671 738 . Please note that you are still required to wear a mask when visiting our Practice. We appreciate your co-operation. Stay safe Thank you For further information about COVID at our practice please click here
FLU SEASON – WE NOW HAVE OUR SUPPLY OF FLU VACCINES FOR THIS SEASON. THIS IS FREE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. PLEASE DONT MISS OUT THIS YEAR, RING US TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT
http://www.highstreetfamilypractice.com.au/dr-henley-is-now-offering-appointments-specifically-for-healthy-rapid-effective-weight-loss/follow this link for more information
*******YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT TO US AND WE APPRECIATE ALL OF OUR PATIENTS THAT HAVE COMPLETED OUR RECENT SURVEY. WE HAVE NOTED THAT WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR WAITING TIMES. IN RESPONSE TO THIS WE HAVE REDUCED DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS EACH DAY TO TRY TO MINIMISE THE WAITING TIMES, WE ARE ALSO HOLDING MORE BOOK ON DAY APPOINTMENTS TO MAKE SURE THAT WHEN YOU NEED TO BE SEEN ON THE DAY WE CAN ACCOMMODATE THIS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE FEEDBACK******
Our commitment to you:
High Street Family practice is committed to improve the health of our patients through continuous improvement in our services, by way of ongoing training and awareness of new opportunities that will enhance our services.
- We believe that our patients come first!
- Our Practice will accept new patients
- Children under 16 and aged pension card holders are bulk billed
- Access to online appointments available 24/7
Dr Julian Henley MBBS (Lon), FACRRM
Dr Ali Kidmas BM,BCH;FRCS (GLAS);FWACS;FRACGP
Dr Leo Van Den Heuvel MBBS (Usyd) FRACGP ACAM GMC
Dr Banya Debnath MBBS FRACGP
Dr Brendan Thomas MBBS
- Marion Henley – Practice Manager
- Olivia Sauerwald – Senior Receptionist
- Sarah Henley – Receptionist
- Renae Sauerwald – Receptionist
- Abbie Tregurtha – Receptionist
- Ally Moss – Registered Nurse
- Jessica Newby – Registered Nurse
- Sharon King – Dietitian and Nutritionist (BHSc, GDipHNutr, MDiet, APD,AN) (Fridays)
Tasmanian Medical Laboratory are located inside our practice and are open for walk in appointments from 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 6:00pm (Appointments commence 08.30am)
Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Our aim is to run on time so please consider the following points when making an appointment:
- Discuss with the receptionist your requirements for the appointment: medical checks, minor surgical procedures, insurance examinations, visa medical and complex medical problems require extra time. Our reception staff are able to book a longer appointment for you.
- If you cannot keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so we can re-allocate your time.
- A charge may occur for failure to attend appointments without adequate notification.
- Patients who present to the Practice without an appointment will be triaged
Home visits are offered to housebound patients at the doctor’s discretion. Please phone our practice on 6334 5500 to discuss available options.
For urgent medical attention outside opening hours, please phone GP Assist on 1800 022 222 or Launceston After Hours Clinic on 6331 4588. In case of an emergency, please call 000.
Please talk or email to the Practice Manager if you have any complaints or suggestions [email protected]
If you are concerned about any aspect of our service, feel free to speak to any member of the staff. However, if you wish to take the matter further you can contact:
- The Medical Council of Tasmania: (03) 6223 8466
- The Health Insurance Commission Complaints Commissioner: (03) 6233 6348
You can contact your doctor by ringing during surgery hours and leaving a message with one of our reception staff. Emergency calls will always be triaged immediately.
Fees are payable at the time of consultation. We do not give accounts. We accept cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and EFTPOS.
A list of fees is available at reception or click on the Practice Fees tab of the website.